- Ink-café is a creative collection that allows you to enjoy making your own pens with Kuretake's inks.
- The Ink Making Kit contains 5 basic colours of ink (transparent, yellow, pink, blue, gray) and you can mix them to create your own colour.
- You can also fill up the "empty pen" (Karappo-pen) with the ink colour you created
- A fun kit to play with and also great as gifts
- Need inspiration on colour combinations? Check out Kuretake's Ink Recipe (Click here) for reference
- Size: W 160 x H 225 x D 60 mm
- Made in Japan
The set includes:
- Five 25 ml dropper bottles of mixing ink including basic colours: Blue, Gray, Pink, Transparent, and Yellow.
- Two empty 25 ml dropper bottles for storing ink mixtures.
- One 20 ml mixing cup.
- Two wooden stir sticks.
- Two empty 0.4 mm felt tip pens (Karappo-pen)
How to create your own ink
- Select a base colour out of 5 basic colours.
- Add other colours to the toning cup little by little
- Inks can be made at any ratio using the toning cup included in the kit or any other measuring equipment. With the toning cup, you can mix up to 20ml of ink.
- Mix the ink well with the stir stick, check and adjust the colour as you stir.
- The colour changes even with a small amount of ink, so add and mix the inks little by little.
You've made your own ink! It can be used to fill the Karappo-pen. You can also use the ink with a glass pen or dip pen.
How to create your own Karappo-pen
- Insert the core into the ink container and wait for the ink absorbs.
- Remove the core when the ink absorbs 80% of the core
- Insert the core into the body
- Insert the end plug into the body until you hear a click sound